Declaration, Waiver and Indemnity.
This is to be read in conjunction with the registration form.
In consideration of accepting this entry and allowing me to participate in the Walk for Love
(Event), I agree (for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators) with
the Organiser and each Event Sponsor that:
1. I waive, release and discharge The Mary Potter Foundation (Organiser) and the event
sponsors and each of their respective officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents
involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I may have (including for
negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by me including
personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property (in so far as this does
not breach the provisions of the Trade Practices Act) arising either directly or indirectly out of
my attendance at or participation in the Event.
2. I indemnify and will keep indemnified the Organiser and each Event Sponsor against all
costs, losses or damages arising from or in relation to my attendance at or participation in
3. I declare that I am physically capable of completing the Event.
4. I consent to the free use of my name and pictures of me in any broadcast, social media
post, telecast and print by the Organiser and/or the Event Sponsors in relation to the Event.
5. I agree to obey and accept the Event rules and any other instructions (whether announced
on the day or otherwise).
6. I agree that should the Event be cancelled or if I do not participate in the Event for any
reason, my donation upon registering will not be refunded and no liability will attach to the Organiser or
the Event Sponsors in relation to this.
7. I consent to receive and agree to pay for any medical treatment (including transport by
ambulance) which is considered in the reasonable opinion of the Event medical officials to
be advisable, before, during or after the Event.
8. I attend and participate in the Event exclusively at my own risk and at all times I have the
option of not participating in or withdrawing from the Event at any time.
10. I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood and accept these terms and
conditions and agree to be bound by them in relation to my attendance at and participation
in the Event.
11. I hereby agree to follow instructions given by the event organisers and volunteers.
12. I agree to take responsibility for my own personal possessions and the behavior of my
pet, if applicable.