Despite the impact COVID-19 continues to have on our lives, there has never been a better time to come together to help others. Through this most challenging time, we have witnessed the most beautiful care and seen great acts of kindness and connection.
So we have designed our Walk with you in mind - to keep you safe and connected - all at the same time!
Walk for Love COVIDSafe plans are in place and approved by the relevant federal, state, and local health authorities. The measures we have in place include:
- It is a current requirement that anyone who enters a hospital site must be fully vaccinated. If you wish to enter Calvary North Adelaide Hospital during the North Adelaide Walk please ensure your proof of vaccination or exemption is saved on your phone - to be provided at the entrance to the hospital.
- To keep everyone safe we encourage participants to wear a mask when visiting the Walk for Love Village at the North Adelaide and Elizabeth Vale events. They are not required on your walk.
- COVIDSafe Plan approved by the relevant federal, state, and local health authorities.
- To limit the number of people on-site at any one time, when you register for the North Adelaide Walk you will be asked to select a Walk time. Please plan to arrive, grab a coffee, gather others in your group and make your way to the "START" within the hour you have nominated.
- If there are any changes to the COVID Safe plans we will provide you with an update ahead of time.
At the Start
- On arrival please use the QR Code for check-in. This is a SA Health Department requirement.
- All staff and volunteers will be wearing masks. We encourage you to bring one to wear at the venue - unless you are walking, eating, or drinking.
- Spare masks and plenty of hand sanitiser will be available.
- We will have specifically appointed COVID Safety Marshals to assist you and to ensure the safety of all Walkers. Please follow their direction if requested.
- We are restricting the number of people on-site at any given time, to ensure we can support social distancing.
As soon as you are ready to start your Walk, please line up at the "Start".
Please practice social distancing on your Walk.
There will be water stations with hand sanitizer set up along the routes at both locations.
At the finish
When you return from your walk, we encourage you to visit the Gratitude Tent, have your photo taken, maybe purchase a coffee or a sausage or two from our fundraising BBQ and some cakes to take home from Cang's Cake Stall.
You are welcome to eat and drink your purchases at the event, however, as soon as you have finished - it will be time to go home. We ask for your co-operation, so we can keep the number of people on-site within manageable levels, as planned.
We take our responsibility to you and public health seriously.
Together we can stop the spread (and still get out and Walk for Love).